Friday, November 1st:
“Dia De Los Muertos”
6pm – 9pm
This free family event will be held from 6:00-9:00PM on historic Market Street. Enjoy live music and entertainment, art, local shopping, a variety of food and drink, and more!
MAUI THING STAGE:
6:00-7:15 PM: Grupo Canamon
7:30-9:00PM: Natalie Nicole & Friends
BANYAN TREE STAGE:
6:00-7:00 PM: Luna Overdrive
7:15-9:00 PM: Hot Apple Pie
“What is remembered, lives…”
- Interactive Art Installations
- Community Altar
- 7:00 PM Gathering for Dia De Los Muertos Procession
OTHER WAILUKU HAPPENINGS:
- DIA DE LOS MUERTOS Celebration: Art Show, Face Painting + more at Wailuku Coffee Company
- Slime Station and Dia De Los Muerto keiki crafts at Friends & Faire
- PONO Store Opening (1980 Main St., Unit #3)
- Test your wits and see if you are brave enough to complete Grouchy Grandma. A Free 10-minute game at Mystery Maui Escape Room (First Come, First Served- Only for Wailuku First Friday Goers. 81 N Market St)
- Fresh Island Art Gallery featuring artworks and paintings by Sean Baba
ABOUT WAILUKU FIRST FRIDAY:
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party, held from 6:00-9:00 PM, with market Street closed to vehicle traffic from 5:30 PM. Vendors, merchants, and entertainers are reminded that Market Street closes at 5:30 PM. For the safety of all participants, everyone’s kokua is appreciated. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed. Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9:00 PM; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9:00 PM.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of arisans, handmade crafters, and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at 808.281.2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise license, health permit (for food vendors) and addtitional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the County of Maui, Maui Visitors Bureau, Sae Design, Live Maui Real Estate LLC, Maui Thing, KONI 104.7, KAOI, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, and Lokahi Pacific. Check our Maui Friday town Parties at www.MauiFridays.com for information on the County of Maui’s office of Economic Development program, and follow us @mauifridays on Instagram and Facebook.