Friday, September 6:
“Festivals of Aloha”
6pm – 9pm
WAILUKU, MAUI, HAWAII – Wailuku First Friday presents “Festivals of Aloha” on September 6th, 2019. This free family event will be held from 6:00 – 9:00 PM on historic Market Street. Enjoy live music and entertainment, art, local shopping, a variety of food and drink and more!
WFF live music and entertainment:
Maui Thing Stage
6:00 – 7:30 PM Kamakakehau Fernandez
7:30 – 9:00 PM Halau O Ka Hanu Lehua and Kumu Hula Kamaka Kukona
Banyan Tree Stage
6:00 – 9:00 PM City & County
- “Come meet the modern day voyagers.” Hawaiian Voyaging + Navigation Experience.
- Small Town*Big Art: Featured artist Andy Behrle. Come learn about the community art project based in Wailuku. Projection will begin at 7:30 PM on ʻIao Theater.
Other Wailuku Happenings:
- Join Mayor Michael Victorino in celebration of the Maui Baseball Allstars
- Sweet Style Magic by Holden Mowat (6:30 – 8:30 PM)
- “Fresh Island Art Gallery” Featuring Artworks and paintings by Sean Baba
- Play Mystery Mauiʻs Escape Room 10-minute introductory game called “Grouchy Grandma” for FREE. (81 N. Market St.)
- FREE presentation by Dr. Gary Chaikin of Neuromind MD “Exploring Consciousness.” (1997 Main St., Unit 1 B)
About Wailuku First Friday
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party, held from 6:00 – 9:00 PM, with Market Street closed to vehicle traffic from 5:30 PM. Vendors, merchants and entertainers are reminded that Market Street closes at 5:30 PM. For the safety of all participants, everyone’s kokua is appreciated. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed. Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9:00 PM; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9:00 PM.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at 808.281.2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the County of Maui, Maui Visitors Bureau, Sae Design, Live Maui Real Estate LLC, Maui Thing, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, and Lokahi Pacific. Check out Maui Friday Town Parties at www.MauiFridays.com for information on the County of Maui’s Office of Economic Development program, and follow us @mauifridays on Instagram and Facebook.
# # #
1st Friday Contact: