Friday, September 21st:
Fall in Makawao
6pm – 9pm
Relax Upcountry with “Fall in Makawao” celebrating the September Equinox when the sun appears to the celestial equator heading southward with “SouthBound” on the main stage at Makawao 3rd Friday Town Party, September 21st from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town. Baldwin Avenue will be closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street, where guests joining our M3F block party may enjoy exciting entertainment, good eats on the street with lots of food trucks, arts and crafts, and the Komoda Bakery Keiki Zone delighting kids young and old. With plenty of great local shopping and restaurants, this rain or shine FREE community event is a great time for everyone!
LIVE MUSIC, MAGIC, ENTERTAINMENT & KEIKI ZONE
- Makawao 3rd Friday welcomes SouthBound, Maui’s fun dance band with something for everyone. Dance your feet off as you sing along to your favorite songs all night long!
- Feel the call of the drums with the brilliant Maui Taiko Drummers, 7 PM at the top of Baldwin Avenue
- The magnificent fire staff dancers Travis French, Nicole Casper and Kelly Mcdonagh perform their amazing Luminous Visions in front of the main stage during the 7:15 PM band break.
- Maui’s well-known and loved Bryan Debris performs at the Maui Hands lot, across from Casanova.
- Experience the fantastic musical versions of team Jamy Woodburn and Timmy Hogan in front of Sip Me Bistro.
- Maui Fridays favorite Get Up and Dance, a Maui line dance group will have you dancing like nobody’s watching at the top of Baldwin Avenue!
- The Doyle Family Ukulele Ensemble will inspire and delight on the Sherri Reeve Gallery lanai.
- Not just for the Keiki – World-class magician nationally known Timothy Wenk puts the WOW in Makawao, prepare to be dazzled, frazzled and mind-boggled.
- At the Komoda Bakery Keiki Zone:
○ Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting, more crafts and creations for the kids and the popular Maui Spider Jump will all be there. Hop on for an exhilarating, and unique experience!
○ Kids will adore the Hawaii Dino’s life like T-Rex Experience in the Keiki Zone.
○ Shelly Tiss of Maui Da lux Face Painting will render her beauties for the keiki as well!
(Entertainment and activities subject to change without notice. Event cancellation only in prohibitive weather conditions)
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE
- The wonderful Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians. Such a treasure for all!
- Come & visit our MMA & M3F Information Tent at the top of Baldwin Avenue, where we invite participants to take a short survey for a chance to win “Mahalo Makawao Gifts” filled with goodies from our generous contributing Makawao merchants. The info tent is a place where friendly volunteers can answer questions, you can view our vendor map, visit lost & found, and purchase our awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS:
Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award-winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop-up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
MAHALO TO OUR “RAISE A TENT CAMPAIGN” SPONSORS:
Janet, Peter & Shawn Naramore of Antique Boutique; John Eckhart, of Maui Master Jewelers; HMSA; Georgianna Tamayose of Island Sotheby’s; Giovanni Cappelli of Casanova Restaurant & Deli; Sunny Jordan; Scott Pendergast; and Jennie Spenser of Collections Maui
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS:
A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, and HMSA. Makawao Merchants Association is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support our M3F community event. If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org to discover sponsorship opportunities and to donate.
Come and join us to dance, eat, play with the keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories, and have a fabulous time!
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- Travis French, Nicole Casper & Kelly Mcdonogh fire dance (7:15 – 7:30 PM)
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- Maui Taiko Drummers 7:00-7:20 PM
- Get up and Dance
- M3F Information Booth
- Keiki Zone
- Magician, Timothy Wenk
BALDWIN AVENUE to BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
SHERRI REEVE GALLERY
- Doyle Ohana Ukulele
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova)
- Bryan Debris
- Jamy Woodburn and Timmy Hogan
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue (next to library)
- Makawao Base yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road