Friday, February 16th:
“Year of the Earth Dog”
6pm – 9pm
Let the final night of Rooster go up in a blaze as we begin the Year of the Earth Dog. Gong Hee Fot Choy!
Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street, where guests joining our M3F block party can enjoy wonderful entertainment, good eats on the street with lots of food trucks, vendor booths, arts and crafts, and the Komoda Keiki Zone highlighting interactive activities for the keiki (kids) and whole family. With plenty of great local shopping and restaurants, this rain or shine FREE community event is a great time for everyone!
LIVE MUSIC, ENTERTAINMENT, AND FUN THINGS TO DO:
- MMA welcomes The Matthew Human & Pat Simmons Jr. Band to our main stage next to Rodeo General Store. Where Upcountry meets country, jam to their “World Country Roots Rock with an Island Groove” featuring: Pat Simmons Jr, Matthew Human, Al Torre, Sam Frey and Travis Rice.
- The very popular Ben Uyetake and the Kalama Intermediate Ukulele Band will perform in the Komoda Bakery lot from 6:00-6:45 PM.
- World’s finest piping right here at Makawao Third Friday with The Isle of Maui Pipe Band, featuring world champion pipers Jack and Andrew Lee of the Simon Fraser University Pipe Band. Be entertained by the traditions of Scottish bagpipe and drum. This is the only month the group can bring all these world-renowned pipers to an event here on Maui. Top of Baldwin and Makawao Avenue’s, 7:00 – 8:00.
- Welcome in Chinese New Year with a dazzling Kung Fu demonstration from some of Maui’s finest martial artists, in front of the main stage during band break 7:15 to 7:35.
- Our favorite acoustic guitarist and M3F all-timer Josh, will be playing to the rhythms of old school, to new school hits in the Maui Hands lot across from Casanova’s on Makawao Avenue.
- Artist in residence, Steve Rinaldi, will be demonstrating his “Alla Prima” oil painting technique in the Maui Hands Gallery, 5pm – 8pm.
- Canadian singer songwriter Marianne Turner accompanied by a vintage Yamaha G-50 classical guitar. MT is a soulfully unique voice with a home grown rhythmic style and songs replete in lyric and imagery next to the Makawao Steak House.
KOMODA KEIKI ZONE:
- We are excited to have Ben Uyetake & the Kalama Intermediate School Ukulele Band join us! Always such a treat to have the kids play and welcome their families and friends.
- Jeremy Safron will set up an interactive game of Unpredictiball, a martial arts game for people of all ages, and hours of fun.
- Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, and Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art creating her one-of-a-kind artistic face paintings.
- The Boys and Girl Club of Maui, Makawao Clubhouse, a youth development non-profit dedicated to serving the youth of Maui, will be joining us in the Keiki zone with interactive keiki activities.
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE:
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians.
- Come & visit our new MMA & M3F information booth in front of Sherri Reeves Gallery. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer visitor’s questions, lost & found, and our awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes are available for sale.
NEW ON THE BLOCK
In keeping a local tradition since 1926 of spreading the word of new Ohana, Makawao Merchants Association welcomes our newest merchant members.
Holoholo Surf, 3621 Baldwin Avenue, a surf cruise shop offering swim and aloha wear along with some specialty local board shapers and artists.
Jennifer Oberg, Atelier, located at 3660 Baldwin Avenue, 2nd floor, is a dressmaking and sewing studio that offers a variety of services from custom wedding gowns, bridal alteration and tailoring, and a sewing school. Stop by and give them a warm howdy.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS:
Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop-up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
Come and join us to dance, eat, play with the keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories, and have a fabulous time!
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS:
A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, and HMSA. MMA is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support their M3F community event. If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org to discover sponsorship opportunities and to donate.
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
- The Matthew Human & Pat Simmons Jr. Band
- Martial arts Kung Fu demonstration (band break)
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
- The Isle of Maui Pipe Band
KOMODA KEIKI ZONE
- Ben Uyetake & Kalama Intermediate School Ukulele Band
- Martial arts interactive game
BALDWIN AVENUE to BREWER ROAD
- Maui Classic Cruisers Club
SHERRI REEVE GALLERY
- Info booth, Raise A Tent Campaign
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova’s)
- Acoustic musician Josh
MAKAWAO STEAK HOUSE
- Marianne Turner
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue (next to library)
- Makawao Base yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
- 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road