Lāhainā Second Friday
May 10, 2013, 6-9 p.m.
CONCERT IN THE PARK
Presented by The LahainaTown Action Committee, Campbell Park (across from the Pioneer Inn)
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Maui Jam’s CD Release Party
Come celebrate the digitally remastered “Mahoa ia Hawaii”
- 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Drums of the Pacific luau by the Hyatt Regency Maui
- Entertainment demonstration from Maui Paintball
- Beauty treatments from Lush Cosmetics Lahaina
- Fleetwood’s on Front St. kicks off the evening at 5pm with dollar oysters, followed by an Hawaiian Story and Bag Piper presentation at 6pm. Don’t miss live entertainment on Lahaina’s only roof top dining from 7pm-9pm.
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment, 6-9 p.m.
- Kimo’s: Willie K, 9-11 p.m. Pick up your stamped Hula Pie card at the Lahaina Visitor Center for free admission.
- Moose McGillycuddy’s Lahaina: Live entertainment 9:30-11:30 p.m.
- Longhi’s: Live jazz overlooking the water, 7-10 p.m.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Evan Shulman from 6-9 p.m.
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music 8-10:30 p.m.
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo, 7:30-10
- Amigo’s: Nacho Cardenas “El Mariachi”
- Lahaina Yacht Club: Wilmont Kahaiali’i 4-6 pm
MERCHANT, RESTAURANTS & FOODIE SPECIALS
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kama`aina discount
- Moose McGillycuddy’s Lahaina: All you can eat fish and chips for $13.95 and prime rib and lobster for $24.95, starts at 4 pm. Entertainment: Lawaia Aweau 6-8:30 pm and DJ Skinny Guy from 9-1 am.
- Front Street Burrito Mexican restaurant (Moose’s upstairs): 2-for-1 entrée offer (with purchase of one entrée)
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: $2.25 tacos (chicken, beef, pork) and $3 drink specials. Mexican Burger $8.99
- Monsoon India: Buy one curry and get 50% off the second
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% off- Food only
- Maui Island Coffee: $2.00 OFF one pound of 100% Kona coffee
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% kama`aina discount
- Cool Cat Café: 20% kama`aina discount
- Blue Lagoon Lahaina: 15% kama`aina discount on new menu items
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Hard Rock Café: 15% kama`aina discount
- Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions
- Jay’s Place: 20% off food only
- Pad Thai: 15% off food only
- Hula Cookies & Ice Cream: Buy one ice cream sandwich, get one free
- Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5-9pm on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes. Free sunny Bikini Martinis for 21 and up. $400.00 in gift certificates will be handed out.
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 pm, $5.00 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
- Cilantro Mexican Grill: Stop by Lahaina Visitor Center for a $2.00 off coupon with a purchase of $15.00 or more.
FRIDAY NIGHT IS ART NIGHT IN LAHAINA
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupu and wine from 6-9 p.m.
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing and painting by local artists. Special deals, fabulous seconds and clearance sale, serving wine.
- Peter Lik Gallery: DJ Scotty D playing, special promotions on art
- Maui Hands Gallery: Presents soulful painter Christina DeHoff from 4-7 pm.
- Lahaina Galleries: Serving wine from 5-10 p.m.
- The Village Galleries: Reception for Heather Burton, May 3rd 6-9pm, recent work exhibited May 3-23. Mark Burnett playing guitar 6-8:30pm
- Images Fine Art Gallery: Complimentary wine and live music
- Longhi’s Artisan Fair: Showcasing Made on Maui artwork, jewelry, photography, clothing and more, 5-10 p.m.
- The Passman Gallery: Pupu, drinks and live music from 6-9 p.m.
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items
- Sargent’s Fine Art: Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery, featured artist: Gabriel from 7-10 pm.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: DJ Ron 7-10 p.m.
- Kingwell Island Art: Live music 6-8pm. Demonstration of Plein Air painting. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
Ha’ina Hou features “May Day is Lei Day for Mother’s Day”
Explore Lahaina’s unique history with Lahaina Restoration Foundation’s “Ha’ina Hou – Let the Story be Told”, held at the Baldwin Home Museum lawn on Friday, May 10th from 7:30-8pm.
Join us as Malihini Keahi-Heath presents “May Day is Lei Day for Mothers Day”. Participate in an interactive demonstration of “haku and huli” lei making. Along with their fragrant beauty, flower lei have become a symbol of never ending love and friendship. Malihini will teach participants how to create their own hairpiece and/or lei in the “braided (haku) or turn (huli)” style of lei making. Ha’ina Hou is a free monthly program held on the 2nd Friday of every month.
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will also be held from 6-8:30pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free.
For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
Photo(s) by Lahaina Restoration Foundation
LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Lahaina restaurants work together to sponsor several west side keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fundraise and the event supports our community. Campbell Park comes alive with local ono grinds, baked goods, and desserts from 5:30 to 9 p.m. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause. Nonprofit groups rotate but include: Waiola Church, Boys & Girls Club of Maui (Lahaina Club), Na Ki`a i O Waine`e Hawaiian Civic Club
Special Thanks to Sponsors: Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Leilani’s, Fleetwood’s on Front St., Captain Jack’s Island Grill, Cool Cat Café, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
If it’s the second Friday of the month, there’s a party in Lahaina.
Lahaina is especially suited for a Maui Friday Town Party because of its intimate Front Street setting, cultural and historic significance, and reputation for hosting fun.
Historic, ocean front buildings host a wide selection of eateries with casual takeout, family restaurants and fine dining. The lively art and entertainment scene, fascinating museums and historic sites co-exist with a bustling retail district.
Come visit Lahaina any day of the week and stay long into the night.