Love for the Ocean
“2015: The Year to Volunteer”
Lahaina’s Second Friday will celebrate The Art Galleries of Lahaina. “Every Friday Night is Art night in Lahaina” this has been ongoing for 25 years. Lahaina is considered the Art Center of the Pacific. Many Galleries have featured Artists every Friday. Some offering wine and pupu’s. Campbell Park will come alive with local Maui artists demonstrating with oils, watercolors and acrylics. The 2016 official Lahaina poster, by four time winner Ronaldo Macedo, will be available. Also pick up your complimentary art gallery map. Live music with Maui Jam from 5-7PM and Dan Saunders from 7-8 PM. Front street has the designation of a Great American street. Recently named one of the most romantic dining experiences in America. Come enjoy all Lahaina has to offer.
Presented by The LahainaTown Action Committee in Campbell Park
(across from the Pioneer Inn )
- LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Lahaina restaurants work together to sponsor several west side keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fundraise and the event supports our community. Campbell Park comes alive with local ono grinds from 5:30 to 8 p.m. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause. Nonprofit groups rotate but include:
- Waiola Church
- Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club
- Na Ki`a i O Waine`e
- Hawaiian Civic Club
- Special Thanks to Sponsors: Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Leilani’s, Captain Jack’s Island Grill, Cool Cat Café, Kimos and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
For more information, please call LahainaTown Action Committee at 667-9175
FRIDAY NIGHT IS ART NIGHT IN LAHAINA
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupu and wine from 6-9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing and painting by local artists. Special deals, fabulous seconds and clearance sale, serving wine.
- Peter Lik Gallery: Special promotions on art.
- Maui Hands Gallery: Victoria Wundrum will be the artist in residence from 4:30-7:30pm. Light refreshments also served.
- Lahaina Galleries: Serving wine from 5-10 p.m. Featured artists Guy Buffet, Ronaldo Macedo and Larissa Morais.
- The Village Galleries: Artist Michael Clements featured March 6th to March 26th.. Refreshments will be served
- Images Fine Art Gallery: Complimentary wine and live music
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items
- Sargent’s Fine Art: Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery, featured artist: Roman Czerwinski.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: Serving Wine and Pupu’s
- Kingwell Island Art: Live music 6-8pm. Demonstration of Plein Air painting. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work.
- Contemporary Masters: Live entertainment
- Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and Pupu’s
- Vintage Posters: Wine and Pupu’s
- Diamond Head: Serving wine
- Joelle: Joelle will be painting at the gallery. Wine and pupu’s will be served
- Higgins Harte Gallery International
- Kimo’s: Willie K, 9-11 p.m. Pick up your stamped Hula Pie card at the Lahaina Visitor Center for free admission.
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment 6-9pm
- Longhi’s: Live music overlooking the water, 7-10 p.m.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Live music
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music 8-10:30 p.m. Benny Uyetake Band
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo, 7:30-10
- Amigo’s: Nacho Cardenas “El Mariachi”
MERCHANT, RESTAURANTS & FOODIE SPECIALS
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kama`aina discount.
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Hard Rock Café: 15% kama`aina discount
- Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
- Sugar Cane: Happy hour 2:30-5:30. Pupu’s and drink specials with an ocean view
- Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu.
- Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5-9pm on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes. Free sunny Bikini Martinis for 21 and up. $400.00 in gift certificates will be handed out.
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 pm, $5.00 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
The Wharf Cinema Center
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second entree.
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Maui Island Coffee: $2. Off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
- Pad Thai: 15% Off Food Only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% Off Food only
- Makani Kai Island Grill and Bar: 15% Kama’aina discount.
The Wharf Shops Town Party Specials
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% Off Kama’aina Discount
- Crazy Shirts: Screen Printing Demo with a Complimentary screen print with purchase
- Hangloose Hammocks: $5 Off any Hammock
- Hibiscus Boutique: 20% Off Regular Priced Jewelry
- JC Chism: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% Off Regular Priced Items
- Lana’s Boutique: 10% – 50% Off Sterling Silver & Handmade Jewelry
- L’Infini: 20% Off Jewelry; 10% Off Gift Items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free Gift with Purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery: 10% – 20% Discount on Select Items
- T-Shirt Factory: Buy 4 Shirts and Get 5th One Free
- The Jade Tiki: Free Gemstone Wrap Necklace with Purchase
- Three D Gallery: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
Lahaina Restoration Foundation The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6-8:30pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free. For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
If it’s the second Friday of the month, there’s a party in Lahaina. Lahaina is especially suited for a Maui Friday Town Party because of its intimate Front Street setting, cultural and historic significance, and reputation for hosting fun. Historic, ocean front buildings host a wide selection of eateries with casual takeout, family restaurants and fine dining. The lively art and entertainment scene, fascinating museums and historic sites co-exist with a bustling retail district. Come visit Lahaina any day of the week and stay long into the night.