Lāhainā Second Friday April 11, 2014, 5-8 p.m.
April’s Second Friday Town Party brings you one of the most anticipated events of the year: Our 2nd Annual Classic Car Show with a 50’s rock’n’roll theme.
Front Street will be closed from 6-9pm from Prison to Dickenson Streets.
The town will come alive with our Classic Cars and live Rock’n’Roll entertainment in Campbell park by the Benny Uyetake Band with a special performance from Maui Theater’s “Burn’n Love” starting at 5:30pm.
KONI 104.7 will be doing a live remote from Campbell Park with Joe Hawkins. Sponsored by LAC and Cool Cat Café.
Teddy’s Bigger Burgers at The Lahaina Gateway will be the starting point for the fleet of Maui Classic Cruisers at 5:30pm. They will parade down Front St and display their cars around Banyan Tree Park and block closure. Other Campbell Park Activities include our 50’s style costume contest, face painting and ono grindz will be served by Lahaina’s keiki non profits and local vendors.
Presented by The Lahaina Town Action Committee in Campbell Park
(across from the Pioneer Inn )
- LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Lahaina restaurants work together to sponsor several west side keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fundraise and the event supports our community. Campbell Park comes alive with local ono grinds, baked goods, and desserts from 5:30 to 9 p.m. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause. Nonprofit groups rotate but include:
- Waiola Church
- Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club
- Na Ki`a i O Waine`e
- Hawaiian Civic Club
- Special Thanks to Sponsors: Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Leilani’s, Fleetwood’s on Front St., Captain Jack’s Island Grill, Cool Cat Café, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
For more information, please call Lahaina Town Action Committee at 667-9175
The Wharf Cinema Center will be hosting a Meet and Greet with Carlos Burle in the Courtyard from 6pm-9pm.
FRIDAY NIGHT IS ART NIGHT IN LAHAINA
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupu and wine from 6-9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
A new addition to the Friday Art Nights is the Lahaina Art Society. The Lahaina Courthouse will stay open until 8pm with featured artists and light refreshments. This month the Banyan Tree gallery will be hosting an opening reception from 6-8pm. Featured Artist:
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing and painting by local artists, serving wine.
- Peter Lik Gallery: light refreshments and entertainment, special promotions on art
- Maui Hands Gallery: the artist in residence, Baz (banana leaf artist) from 4:30-7:30pm. Light refreshments provided
- Lahaina Galleries: Serving wine from 5-10 p.m. Featured artist: Andrea Razzauti. Serving wine.
- The Village Galleries: 6-9pm. Featured Artist: Betty Hay Freeland. Light refreshments.
- Images Fine Art Gallery: Complimentary wine and live music
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood
- Sargent’s Fine Art: Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery, featured artist: Richard Johnson
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: Serving wine and pupus.
- Kingwell Island Art: Live music 6-8pm. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work. Wine and live music.
- Contemporary Masters: Live entertainment.
- Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and pupu’s will be served
- Vintage posters: Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Diamond Head: Serving wine.
- Joelle: Joelle will be painting at the gallery. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Higgins Harte Gallery International.
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment, 6-9 p.m.
- Kimo’s: Sam Ahia’s Jazz Trio, 8:30-10:30 p.m. Pick up your stamped Hula Pie card at the Lahaina Visitor Center for free admission.
- Moose McGillycuddy’s Lahaina: Live entertainment 9:30-11:30 p.m.
- Longhi’s: Live music overlooking the water, 7-10 p.m.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Featuring free live music from 6-9 p.m by the popular Evan Schulman
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: The Benny Uyetake Blues Band 8-10:30 p.m.
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Will Hartzog, 7:30-10
- Amigo’s: Nacho Cardenas “El Mariachi”
MERCHANT, RESTAURANTS & FOODIE SPECIALS
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kama`aina discount
- Moose McGillycuddy’s Lahaina: All you can eat fish and chips for $13.95 and prime rib and lobster for $24.95, starts at 4 pm. Entertainment: Lawaia Aweau 6-8:30 pm and DJ Skinny Guy from 9-1 am.
- Front Street Burrito Mexican restaurant (Moose’s upstairs): 2-for-1 entrée offer (with purchase of one entrée)
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Hard Rock Café: 15% kama`aina discount
- Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
- Sugar Cane: Happy Hour 2:30 – 5:30. Pupus & Drink Specials with an Ocean View.
- BanyanTreats: 10% discount on full menu.
- Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5-9pm on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes. Free sunny Bikini Martinis for 21 and up. $400.00 in gift certificates will be handed out.
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 pm, $5.00 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
- Cilantro Mexican Grill: Stop by Lahaina Visitor Center for a $2.00 off coupon with a purchase of $15.00 or more.
The Wharf Cinema Center
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second entree.
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Jay’s Place Pizza, Pasta & Subs: 20% off Food Only
- Maui Island Coffee: $2 Off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
- Monsoon India: Buy One Curry, Get 50% Off second Curry
- Pad Thai: 15% Off Food Only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% Off Food only
- Makani Kai Island Grill & Bar: 15% Kama’aina Discount
The Wharf Shops Town Party Specials
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% Off Kama’aina Discount
- Crazy Shirts: Screen Printing Demo with a Complimentary screen print with purchase
- Hangloose Hammocks: $5 Off any Hammock
- Hibiscus Boutique: 20% Off Regular Priced Jewelry
- JC Chism: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% Off Regular Priced Items
- Lana’s Boutique: 10% – 50% Off Sterling Silver & Handmade Jewelry
- L’Infini: 20% Off Jewelry; 10% Off Gift Items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free Gift with Purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery: 10% – 20% Discount on Select Items
- T-Shirt Factory: Buy 4 Shirts and Get 5th One Free
- The Jade Tiki: Free Gemstone Wrap Necklace with Purchase
- Three D Gallery: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
Lahaina Restoration Foundation The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6-8:30pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free. For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
If it’s the second Friday of the month, there’s a party in Lahaina. Lahaina is especially suited for a Maui Friday Town Party because of its intimate Front Street setting, cultural and historic significance, and reputation for hosting fun. Historic, ocean front buildings host a wide selection of eateries with casual takeout, family restaurants and fine dining. The lively art and entertainment scene, fascinating museums and historic sites co-exist with a bustling retail district. Come visit Lahaina any day of the week and stay long into the night.