Lāhainā Second Friday
November 8, 2013, 5-9 p.m.
6:00PM – Opening blessing and conch shell blow, followed by a free performance by ‘Ulalena dancers in front of the Hard Rock Cafe.
For November we celebrate KeikiFest in Campbell Park and the 700 Block closure on Front St.
Campbell Park comes alive with a full range of keiki activities for learning and fun.
Keiki entertainment will include racing solar powered cars, face painting, balloon animals, kids games and much more. Campbell park will have Patrick Markey, an artist that uses LEGO® brand bricks as a medium to create art, displaying his pieces and guiding the event comers in building a LEGO® community art piece. Event comers are encouraged to bring LEGO® pieces to add to the sculpture and create a piece that everyone can participate in. Patrick will also be judging a LEGO® building competition that the Keiki have brought from home. Winners will be announced at 7:30pm.
Campbell Park and the 700 Block will have live entertainment for all the family. Ono grindz will be served in the park by Hawaiian Civic Club, Boys & Girls Club Lahaina and new vendor Tiki Pete’s will be serving their new gourmet steak sandwiches made from 1/4lb. Elk, Venison, Caribou, Reindeer, and Buffalo steaks.
LEGO® is a trademark of the Lego group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this program.
Presented by The Lahaina Town Action Committee in Campbell Park
(across from the Pioneer Inn )
- LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Lahaina restaurants work together to sponsor several west side keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fundraise and the event supports our community. Campbell Park comes alive with local ono grinds, baked goods, and desserts from 5:30 to 9 p.m. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause. Nonprofit groups rotate but include:
- Waiola Church
- Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club
- Na Ki`a i O Waine`e
- Hawaiian Civic Club
- Special Thanks to Sponsors: Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Leilani’s, Fleetwood’s on Front St., Captain Jack’s Island Grill, Cool Cat Café, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
For more information, please call Lahaina Town Action Committee at 667-9175
FRIDAY NIGHT IS ART NIGHT IN LAHAINA
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupu and wine from 6-9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing and painting by local artists. Featured artist: Sean PriceSpecial deals, serving wine.
- Peter Lik Gallery: light refreshments and enteryainment special promotions on art
- Maui Hands Gallery: Ian Haight will be the artist in residence from 4:30-7:30pm.
- Lahaina Galleries: Serving wine from 5-10 p.m. Featured artist Alessio & Marcello Bugaglar. Serving wine.
- The Village Galleries: Two featured artists for June. Rich Kenny. 6-9pm. Refreshments and pupus will be served
- Images Fine Art Gallery: Complimentary wine and live music
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood
- Sargent’s Fine Art: Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery, featured artist: sculptor Tim King from 7-10 pm.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: Guest artist Kerry Hallam. Serving wine and pupus.
- Kingwell Island Art: Live music 6-8pm. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work. Wine and live music.
- Contemporary Masters: Live entertainment. Jose Royd masterpiece collection.
- Lahaina Printsellers has 3 featured artists: Wine and pupu’s will be served
- Vintage posters: Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Diamond Head: Featured artist Robert Lyn Nelson. Serving wine.
- Joelle: Joelle will be painting at the gallery. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Higgins Harte gallery. Featured artist Lowell Mapes.
- Fleetwood’s on Front St. kicks off the evening at 5pm with dollar oysters, followed by an Hawaiian Story and Bag Piper presentation at 6pm. Don’t miss live entertainment on Lahaina’s only roof top dining from 7pm-9pm.
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment, 6-9 p.m.
- Kimo’s: Willie K, 9-11 p.m. Pick up your stamped Hula Pie card at the Lahaina Visitor Center for free admission.
- Moose McGillycuddy’s Lahaina: Live entertainment 9:30-11:30 p.m.
- Longhi’s: Live jazz overlooking the water, 7-10 p.m.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Featuring free live music from 6-9 p.m by the popular Evan Schulman
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music 8-10:30 p.m. Benny Uyetake Band
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo, 7:30-10
- Amigo’s: Nacho Cardenas “El Mariachi”
- Lahaina Yacht Club: Wilmont Kahaiali’i 4-6 pm
MERCHANT, RESTAURANTS & FOODIE SPECIALS
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kama`aina discount
- Moose McGillycuddy’s Lahaina: All you can eat fish and chips for $13.95 and prime rib and lobster for $24.95, starts at 4 pm. Entertainment: Lawaia Aweau 6-8:30 pm and DJ Skinny Guy from 9-1 am.
- Front Street Burrito Mexican restaurant (Moose’s upstairs): 2-for-1 entrée offer (with purchase of one entrée)
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Hard Rock Café: 15% kama`aina discount
- Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
- Hula Cookies & Ice Cream: Buy one ice cream sandwich, get one free
- Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5-9pm on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes. Free sunny Bikini Martinis for 21 and up. $400.00 in gift certificates will be handed out.
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 pm, $5.00 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
- Cilantro Mexican Grill: Stop by Lahaina Visitor Center for a $2.00 off coupon with a purchase of $15.00 or more.
The Wharf Cinema Center
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second entree.
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off Submarine Tours
- Blue Lagoon Lahaina: 15% off Kama`aina Discount
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Jay’s Place: 20% off Food Only
- Maui Island Coffee: $200 Off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
- Monsoon India: Buy One Curry, Get 50% Off second Curry
- Pad Thai: 15% Off Food Only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% Off Food only
Lahaina Restoration Foundation
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6-8:30pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free.
For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
If it’s the second Friday of the month, there’s a party in Lahaina.
Lahaina is especially suited for a Maui Friday Town Party because of its intimate Front Street setting, cultural and historic significance, and reputation for hosting fun.
Historic, ocean front buildings host a wide selection of eateries with casual takeout, family restaurants and fine dining. The lively art and entertainment scene, fascinating museums and historic sites co-exist with a bustling retail district.
Come visit Lahaina any day of the week and stay long into the night.