Friday, March 8th:
Whale, Ocean and Arts Festival
6pm – 9pm
Lahaina celebrates the annual migration of Pacific humpback whales with our upcoming Lahaina Whale and Ocean Arts Festival. Join us for Lahaina’s 2nd Friday on March 8th from 5:00-8:45 PM in Campbell Park and on Saturday, March 9th from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM at Kamehameha III Elementary School.
Both days will be filled with live music, local artists, school groups and nonprofit organizations displaying, fundraising and selling their best marine-themed art/goods for sale. On Saturday March 9th – The keiki will enjoy a showing of the keiki “Whale and Ocean” art contest. Artwork will be on display Saturday from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM. Winners announced at 2:30 PM. Prizes provided by our local merchants.
The festival consists of marine research groups with naturalists on-hand who will talk story and offer visitors and residents opportunities to learn more about the whales and our oceans life. Keiki can come and participate in our free keiki activities including painting our 4ft whale, mural drawing, fishing games, crafts, temporary ocean tattoos, face painting, bean bag toss and more! Each Whale and Ocean group will also have information available.
Shops at 505:
5:00-10:00 PM Spanky’s Happy Hour 2:00-6:00 PM; $2 drinks f7-8; free pool; pet friendly
11:00-10:00 PM Surfside Pizza Happy hour from 2:00-4:00 PM and 7:00-9:00 PM
5:00-10:00 PM Gallerie 505 – Meet a world-renowned artist!
7:30-10:00 PM Cool Cat Café – Johnny Ringo
5:00-7:30 PM Pioneer Inn – Live Music with Evan Schulman
2:00-6:00 PM Down the Hatch – Fresh Squeezed Cocktails
10:00 PM-1:00 AM Down the Hatch – Late night DJ, Local Artist Eliza German
Main Stage at Campbell Park:
5:00-8:15 PM Maui Jam
7:15-8:15 PM Ka Imi Naauao o Hawaii Nei (Hula Halau)
8:20-8:45 PM Naturalist Speakers – Whale Talks
2:00-4:00 PM Fleetwood’s on Front Street – Rooftop Happy Hour
6:00-9:00 PM Martin Lawrence Gallery – Live Performances and Specials
7:00-10:00 PM Fleetwood’s on Front Street – Live Performances and Specials
3:00-5:00 PM Longhi’s – Happy Hour
6:30-10:00 PM Sargent’s Gallery – Meet the artist, live music, wine and pupus
3:00-5:00 PM Kimo’s – Happy Hour
The Outlets of Maui:
5:00-10:00 PM Aloha Friday Sunset Sidewalk Sales PLUS Live Tahitian Show at 6:30pm
3:00-5:00 PM PI Artisan Pizza – Happy Hour and Pet Friendly Patio
LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Betty’s Beach Café and Leilani’s on the Beach work together to sponsor several West Side nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fundraise and the event supports our community. Campbell Park has ono grinds from 5:00-8:00 PM. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause.
- Keiki Zone – Art and Activities for all ages, including bean bag toss and pig themed games/crafts
- Live Entertainment from 5:00-8:30PM
- Boys & Girls Club – Cookies Donated by Leilani’s on the Beach
- LahainaTown Action Committee – Drinks, Kalua Pork and Rice Donated by Betty’s Beach Café
- Waiola Church – Beautiful Fresh Lei’s
- Maui Writers Ink – Meet Local Authors
- Maui Grown 808 – Coconut leaf weaving, plants, talk story
- Pacific Touch – Local leather jewelry and scents
- M&M Vintage – Local made necklaces and earrings
- Island Scents – Local made Hawaiian Flowers and Braids
- Gypsy Kai – Japanese Glass style Jewelry and Mahjong piece jewelry
- Stacey Coon – Art and collectibles
- Bui’s Island Gifts – Local crafts, baskets and ornaments (store located in Wharf Cinema Center)
Mahalo to Lahaina Friday Event Sponsors: Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Leilani’s and Alii Linen.
For more information, please call Lahaina Visitor Center at (808) 667-9193.
FRIDAY NIGHT IS ART NIGHT IN LAHAINA
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and Pau Hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world-renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupus and wine from 6:00-9:00 PM. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at Campbell Park.
LAHAINA ART GALLERIES
- Kai Pua Gallery – Live glass blowing, meet the artists
- Peter Lik Gallery – Special promotions on art
- The Village Gallery – Refreshments and music
- Simon Jon Gallery – Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by Jonathan Somaoang; offering 10-20% off select items
- Sargent’s Fine Art – Live music, art, pupus and wine
- Martin Lawrence Gallery – World Class Masterworks Collection featuring Picasso, Warhol, Dali,
Changall and Miroi; wine and pupus; live jazz by Gary Larson
- Kingwell Island Art – Meet the artist Jim Kingwell
- Daryl Millard Gallery – Meet the artist Daryl Millard
- Lahaina Printsellers – Meet their featured artist!
- Vintage Posters
- Higgins Harte Gallery International
- 505 Gallery – Free Raffle, largest gallery on Maui.
- Joelle C. Gallery – Meet acclaimed Hawaii artists, on site every Friday.
MERCHANT, RESTAURANTS & FOODIE SPECIALS
- Ono Gelato Company – Gluten-free baked goods; homemade gelato-filled cannoli; 10% kama`aina discount
- Kimo’s – Free hula pie with coupon; stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar – 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining,
- The Pioneer Inn – $5 pupu menu
- Atlantis Submarines – 20% off submarine tours
- Banyan Treats – 10% discount on full menu
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co – Join us for happy hour after the event! Includes $5 appetizers and $3.50 domestic drafts starting at 9:00 PM
- Pi Artisan Pizza – Happy hour 3:00-5:00 PM with discounted pupus and drink specials
- Betty’s Beach Café – Prime Rib Night 4:00-9:00PM; $19.95
- Koa’s 156 – All day special Ocean Vodka Moscow Mule
THE WHARF CINEMA CENTER DINING TOWN PARTY SPECIALS
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food – (Coupon “This Week Maui”) Buy one entree get 50% off the second
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill – 20% off kama’aina discount
- Cool Cat Café – 20% off kama’aina discount
- Maui Island Coffee – $2 off 1-lb 100% Kona Coffee
- Tiki Tiki Thai Cuisine – 10% off food only
- Pho Saigon 808 – 10% off food only
THE WHARF SHOPS TOWN PARTY SPECIALS
- Atlantis Submarines – 20% off kama’aina discount
- Crazy Shirts – Screen-printing demo; complimentary screen-print with purchase
- Hangloose Hammocks – $5 off any hammock
- JY Treasures – Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions – Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle – 10% off regular-priced items
- Lana’s Boutique – 10-50% off sterling silver & handmade jewelry
- L’Infini – 20% off jewelry; 10% off gift items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric – Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery – 10-20% discount on select items
- T-shirt Factory – Buy 4 shirts and get 5th one free
- Three D Gallery – Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
BALDWIN HOME MUSEUM
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6:00-8:30 PM. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free. For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at (808) 661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
About Friday Town Parties
Showcasing the unique nature of our historic towns, Maui Friday Town Parties bring the community together for a pau hana night of outdoor music, art, food and Maui culture. There is a town party every Friday of the month: Wailuku First Friday, Lahaina Second Friday, Makawao Third Friday, Kihei Fourth Friday and Lanai Fifth Friday. Residents are encouraged to kick back and enjoy the fun. Free. Check www.mauifridays.com for latest event listings. General event questions: (808) 270-7710 or email email@example.com.