Kihei Fourth Friday Town Party
“Kihei Reminds You to Remember our Heroes….and…
Start Your Memorial Day Weekend with Nuff Sedd!”
Come to the south shore of Maui for Kihei’s Fourth Friday Town Party on May 22nd from 6 to 9 p.m. at Azeka Shopping Center – Mauka, the “heart and soul” of Kihei. Come “Play in Kihei” and enjoy the fun. Entertainment by Missy Aguilar, Jumpin’ Jack Gist ‘n The Gist’s, and Maui’s own, Nuff Sedd. Kathy Collins will MC. Enjoy food, art, crafts, and plenty of great local shopping.
Other highlights include the popular Keiki/Youth Zone, featuring: PURALOHA Rentals’ Mechanical Bull, Morey Inc.’s Floating Human Ball, Aloha Bear, Ugly Duck Photo, Balloon Twisters by Jolie the Clown and Christaline, Face Painting by Kim & Melissa, Kihei Charter School Activities, The Kettle Corn King, Hali Hali Rides and music by DJ Zeke.
Joel Katz on Hawaiian Steel Guitar will be performing in Food Court.
*Bring a non-perishable Food Donation for The Maui Food Bank.
- 6:00 – 6:05p.m. – Opening Announcements by MC Kathy Collins
- 6:05 – 6:10p.m. – Opening blessing
- 6:10 – 6:15p.m. – Announcements by MC Kathy Collins
- 6:15 – 6:45p.m. – Missy Aguilar
- 6:45 – 6:50p.m. – Announcements by MC Kathy Collins
- 6:50 – 7:00pm – Shooting Stars Dance
- 7:05 – 7:55p.m. – Jumpin’ Jack Gist n’ The Gist’s
- 7:55 – 8:00p.m. – Announcement by MC Kathy Collins
- 8:00 – 8:55p.m. – Nuff Sedd
- 8:55 – 9:00p.m. – Closing Announcements by MC Kathy Collins
- The Keiki/Youth Zone provides a place for family-friendly activities and arts & crafts for children and teens. Highlights include: The Morey Mechanical Bull, DJ Ezekiela, Hawaii All Star Cheerleaders (1st place National Cheerleaders from Maui), Balloon Twisters, Face Painting by Kim and Melissa, Jolie the Clown and Christaline, No Ka Oi Bouncer and Hali Hali rides for a nominal fee, and Kihei Charter School, the Kettle Korn King and Aloha Bears.
- There will be a large food court area with many local taste treats! Food Vendors include: Smoke n Spice BBQ, Tacos Maui 8th Wonder, Poi Mochi, Maui Cane Juice, Maui Samosas, Jini’s Curry, Jah Dogs, Baduas Catering, Kettle Korn, Monsoon India, and Pork, Chicks ‘n Picks Pupus
- There will also be Food Trucks with great choices including: Jawz, 808 Plates Maui, Tikiz Shave Ice, Dibs on da Ribs, SG Funnel Cakes, South Maui Fish Company, Gyro Lunch Wagon, 808 Street Grindz, Al’s BBQ, Horhitos Tacos, El Taco Borracho and Sumo Dogs
- In Addition, Azeka Shopping Center has a variety of eateries: Bam’s Pizza, Coconuts Fish Café, Diamonds Icebar & Grill, HomeMaid Café, Izakaya Matsu, Java Café, Nalu’s Southside Grill, Ono Gelato, Panda Express, Peggy Sue’s, Roasted Chiles, Royal Thai Cuisine, Taco Bell, Wow Wow Lemonade, and Vietnamese Cuisine.
- Food Court Entertainment by Joel Katz on Hawaiian Steel Guitar.
- Cotton Candy Maui KZZ Enterprise, SOS Enterprise LLC, Boho Bum, Tropical Island Distributors, DoTerra – Makana Oils, Aloha Boards, Maui Fine Arts, Maui Night Lights, AYO Jewelry, OOFOS Footwear, Fresh Local Product, Mechanics of Healing, Lako Kula Designs, Hawaii Fudge Company (Cottingham Real Estate), Hula Cookies & Ice Cream, 808 Shells, Environmental Eyes, Peace of Paradise Creations, 50th State of Mind, Jonerz and the Sparrow LLC, IT Works, Shaka Pops, The Maui Cookie Lady, 808 Clothing, Native Armor Clothing, Unusual Designs, Glee Associates, Jamberry Nails, Be Aloha, Frikum, Maui Macaroons, Maui Vintage (Out of the blue), Honi Designs, Sol Chiropractic, D-Creations, Paradise Now Phillip Sabado Art Studios, “the” LulaPops, Bodhi Waves, Keheana Crafts, C Moore Glass, Isle Dream, Kanakala Pacific Trade, Wilikina Creative, Maui Mermaid Tears, Hawaii Blue, Boobie Shack, LLC, Dylee & Lylee, I AM LOCAL, Hard Heads Hawaii, Tropical Lanes, Mishni Bikini, and Mana’olana Pink Paddlers.
Visit these fine Azeka Shopping Center Merchants:
The Maui Quilt Shop, AA Oceanfront Rentals, Ace Hardware, Bank of Hawaii, B&B Scuba, Beauty Spa Maui, Blue Water Rafting, Cheryl Ayabe, Optometrist, Endangered Pieces, Enterprise Rent A Car, ERA Pacific Properties, Fortune Chiropractic, Hawaiian Cruisers, Island Art Party, Jonathan Thomas, DDS, Kaiser Permanente, Kihei Community Association, Kihei Orthodontics, Kihei Wailea Flowers by Cora, Maui Classic Charters, Maui Powerhouse Gym, Marielis Jepson, Psychologist, Ocean Nail Spa, ProArts Inc, Radio Shack, Snorkel Bob’s, Starr West Salon, State Farm Agency, Territorial Savings Bank, Tesoro Gas Station/ Mini Mart, U.S. Post Office, White Pebbles and Zen Tattoo & Art Gallery.
Volunteers and Special Donations:
Malama Maui Nui (formerly Community Work Day Program), Maui Crush Soccer, Maui High School Key Club, The Gym Maui and Sound by Superb Audio.
Special Thanks to:
Azeka Shopping Center, Embellished Memories, Island Tax & Bookkeeping, Java Café, KONI 104.7 FM, Maui Police Department, Makana Oils -LLC-Doterra Welleness, MW Group, Ltd., Penny Palmer Photography, Soul Kitchen, Tri-Isle RC&D, and Two Mermaids on Maui, LLC.
If it’s the fourth Friday of the month, there’s a party in Kīhei. Maui’s south shore comes alive at Azeka Shopping Center Mauka in Kīhei every Fourth Friday of the month. The newest location of Maui Friday Town Parties, Kīhei has come out swinging with a spectacular array of entertainment, great things to eat, and of course, the best shopping deals on Fourth Friday. What started out as a quiet town at night on the southern end of the island is now one of Hawaii’s busiest, most vibrant beach towns. If you love the water, Kīhei features nearly ten miles of pristine white beaches offering clear views of Kaho‘olawe, Molokini, Lana‘i and West Maui. Along with swimming and surfing you can also find great snorkeling and kayaking, and chances are good that you’ll spot a giant humpback whale spouting or breaching the ocean’s surface. For a perfect night on the town, join us in Kīhei on the fourth Friday of each month.