Kihei Celebrates March with LiA LiVE! March 28, 2014, 6-9 p.m.
Come to the south shore of Maui for Kihei’s Fourth Friday Town Party on March 28th from 6 to 9 p.m. at Azeka Shopping Center – Mauka, the “heart and soul” of Kihei. Kihei Town will “Celebrating March with Entertainment by LiA LiVE, The Students of the Institute of Hawaiian Music at UH Maui College and The Maui High School Sabers Marching Band, raising funds for their participation in the 2015 Rose Parade. The MC will be Maui’s own, Kathy “Tita” Collins.
Enjoy food, art, crafts, and plenty of great shopping deals. Other highlights include the popular Keiki/Youth Zone, Games, Activities, Face Painting and Andrew Molina performing in Food Court!
Bring a non-perishable Food Donation for The Maui Food Bank.
- 5:55 – 6:00 p.m. – Hawaiian blessing and invocation by Cultural Advisor, Kimokeo Kapahulehua
- 6:00 – 6:05 p.m. – Opening Announcements by MC Kathy “Tita” Collins
- 6:05 - 6:35 p.m. – Maui High School Saber Marching Band – Raising Awareness for Funding for the 2015 Rose Parade in Pasadena.
- 6:35 – 6:45p.m. – Announcements by MC Kathy “Tita” Collins
- 6:45 – 7:30p.m. – Students of the Institute of Hawaiian Maui at UH Maui College
- 7:30 – 7:40pm. – Announcements by MC Kathy “Tita” Collins
- 7:40 – 8:55pm - LiA LiVE
- 8:55 – 9:00pm - Closing Announcements by MC Kathy “Tita” Collins
- The Keiki/Youth Zone provides a place for family-friendly activities and arts & crafts for children and teens. The popular Bubble Magic will be back!!! Highlights include DJ Dan Weisman, NE Kine Entertainment Karaoke, Games, Balloons, Face Painting, A Race Car Track and Activities. Mahalo to Montessori and Kihei Charter School!
- There will be a large food court area with many local taste treats! Food Vendors include: Smoke ‘n Spice BBQ, Donut Dynamite, Poi Mochi, Kihei Caffe, Sumo Dog, Fiji Indian, Jah Dogs, Dog ‘n Duck, Maui Tacos 8th Wonder, Monsoon India, Maui Samosas, Al’s BBQ Pit, Hawaiian Moons, Wandering Wok, Maui Cane Juice, Badua’s Catering, Vidads, Wow Wow Waffles, 808 Plates, S & G Funnel Cakes, and Killah Kine Grindz.
- There will also be Food Trucks with great choices including: Pura Vida Maui, Jawz Fish Tacos, Slightly Salty, Three’s Bar & Grill, Dibs on da Ribs, and Kula Country Farms.
In Addition, Azeka Shopping Center has a variety of eateries: Coconuts Fish Café, Diamonds Ice Bar & Grill, HomeMaid Café, Izakaya Matsu, Java Café, Ono Gelato, Panda Express, Peggy Sue’s, Roasted Chiles, Royal Thai Cuisine, Stella Blues Cafe, Taco Bell, and Vietnamese Cuisine. Entertainment by Andrew Molina.
- Manutea Nui E, Kenna Kai Jewels, Kahele Maui- Maui Made Handbags, Boobie Shack, LLC, Hawaii Blue, Island Fresh Delivery, Kava Roots, Lako Kula Designs, The Maui Cookie Lady, Maui Mama Mana, No Ka Oi Nut Company, Piiholo Ranch, Wilikina Creative, Be Aloha, C Moore Glass, Condominium Rentals Hawaii, D-Creations, Fresh Local Product, Frikum (Be Aloha), Glee Associates, HI Minded Creations, Hokulea Punkalicious, Honi Designs, Joli Joli Designs, Jonerz and the Sparrow LLC, Keheana Crafts, Kekaui Lani, Kula Herbs (Maui Vintage), KZZ Enterprise, Maui Fine Arts, Maui Macaroons, Maui Roller Girls, Mechanics of Healing, Opihi Maui, Rock & Vibe Jewelry, Salter, Shaka Pops, SOS Enterprise LLC, Stella & Dot, Unusual Designs and No Ka Oi Bouncers.
Visit these fine Azeka Shopping Center Merchants:
- The Maui Quilt Shop, AA Oceanfront Rentals, Ace Hardware, Bank of Hawaii, B & B Scuba, Blue Water Rafting, Cheryl Ayabe, Optometrist, Endangered Pieces, Enterprise Rent A Car, ERA Pacific Properties, Fortune Chiropractic, Hawaiian Cruisers, Island Art Party, Jonathan Thomas, DDS, Kaiser Permanente, Kihei Community Association, Kihei Orthodontics, Kihei Wailea Flowers by Cora, Liberty Tax Service, Maui Classic Charters, Maui Powerhouse Gym, Marielis Jepson, Psychologist, Pacific Lotus, Pay Day Hawaii, ProArts Inc, Radio Shack, Snorkel Bob’s, Starr West Salon, State Farm Agency, Marianne Curry, Agent, Territorial Savings Bank, Tesoro Gas Station/ Mini Mart, The Nail Shop, The Water Store, US Post Office, White Pebbles and Zen Tattoo & Art Gallery.
Volunteers and Special Donations:
- Malama Maui Nui (formerly Community Work Day Program), Maui Crush Soccer, Maui High School Key Club, The Gym Maui and Sound by Superb Audio
Special Thanks to: Ao‘ao Ona Loko I‘a Omaui, Azeka Shopping Center, Penny Palmer Photography, Embellished Memories, Hawaiian Moons Natural Foods, Java Café, KONI 104.7 FM, Maui Police Department, Maui Weekly, Morey Inc., MW Group, Ltd., Tri-Isle RC&D, and Two Mermaids on Maui, LLC.
If it’s the fourth Friday of the month, there’s a party in Kīhei. Maui’s south shore comes alive at Azeka Shopping Center Mauka in Kīhei every Fourth Friday of the month. The newest location of Maui Friday Town Parties, Kīhei has come out swinging with a spectacular array of entertainment, great things to eat, and of course, the best shopping deals on Fourth Friday. What started out as a quiet town at night on the southern end of the island is now one of Hawaii’s busiest, most vibrant beach towns. If you love the water, Kīhei features nearly ten miles of pristine white beaches offering clear views of Kaho‘olawe, Molokini, Lana‘i and West Maui. Along with swimming and surfing you can also find great snorkeling and kayaking, and chances are good that you’ll spot a giant humpback whale spouting or breaching the ocean’s surface. For a perfect night on the town, join us in Kīhei on the fourth Friday of each month.