Kihei Fourth Friday Town Party
“Dreadful Fun with Marty Dread plus Benny Uyetake and Kamakakehau Fernandez”
Come to the south shore of Maui for Kihei’s Fourth Friday Town Party on October 24th from 6 to 9 p.m. at Azeka Shopping Center – Mauka, the “heart and soul” of Kihei. Come “Play in Kihei” and have “Dreadful Fun with Marty Dread”, plus Maui’s own Benny Uyetake Band and Award winning Falsetto Artist Kamakakehau Fernandez. Also enjoy a special “Thriller” Dance performance by Shooting Stars Dance. Sista Val will MC. Enjoy food, art, crafts, and plenty of great shopping deals. Other highlights include the popular Keiki/Youth Zone, Games, Activities, Face Painting and more. Joel Katz will be performing in Food Court.
Bring a non-perishable donation for the Maui Food Bank.
- 6:00 – 6:05 p.m. – Opening Announcements by MC Sista Val
- 6:05 – 6:35 p.m. – Opening blessing/ Music by Kamakakehau Fernandez
- 6:35 – 6:45 p.m. – Opening Announcements by MC Sista Val
- 6:45 – 6:55p.m. – “Thriller” by Shooting Stars Dance
- 6:55 – 7:00p.m. – Announcements by MC Sista Val
- 7:00 – 7:45p.m. – Benny Uyetake Trio
- 7:45 – 7:55p.m. – Announcements by MC Sista Val
- 7:55 – 8:55p.m. – Marty Dread
- 8:55 – 9:00p.m. – Closing Announcements by MC Sista Val
- The Keiki/Youth Zone provides a place for family-friendly activities and arts & crafts for children and teens. Highlights include DJ Dan Weisman, NE Kine Entertainment Karaoke, Games, Balloons, Face Painting, Bubbles and Activities. Mahalo to Montessori and Kihei Charter School!
- There will be a large food court area with many local taste treats! Food Vendors include: Badua’s, Sumo Dog, Donut Dynamite, Jini’s curry, Monsoon India, Maui Samosas, Hawaiian Moons, Tacos Maui 8th Wonder, Al’s BBQ, Surfside Deli, and Wow Wow Lemonade.
- There will also be Food Trucks with great choices including: Dibs on da Ribs, Three’s, Horhito’s Tacos, Jawz, 808 Plates Maui, Tikiz Shave Ice, Kinaole Grill, SG Funnel Cakes, 808 Street Grindz, Milagros and Poi Mochi.
- In Addition, Azeka Shopping Center has a variety of eateries: Coconuts Fish Café, Diamonds Icebar & Grill, HomeMaid Café, Izakaya Matsu, Java Café, Ono Gelato, Panda Express, Peggy Sue’s, Roasted Chiles, Royal Thai Cuisine, Taco Bell, and Vietnamese Cuisine. Entertainment by Joel Katz.
Beads Lead to Success, Boobie Shack, Glee Associates, Hale Kau Kau, Hawaii Blue, Jonerz & Sparrow, Kanakala Pacific Trade, The Maui Cookie Lady, Maui Fine Arts, No Ka Oi Nut Company, Rock & Vibe Jewelry & Art, Shaka Pops, SOS Enterprises, Morey Inc, Wanderlust, Maui Search & Rescue, Dept of Health, Paradise Now, Phillip Sabado Art Studios, 808 Clothing, Bellasolshade, Fresh Local Product, Frikum (Be Aloha), Giving Bracelets, Glee Associates, Hula Cookies & Ice Cream, KZZ Enterprise, Maui Macaroons, Mechanics of Healing, Origami Owl/ Pink Plumeria Creations, Rotary Club of Kihei Sunrise Foundation, Salter, Tropical Lanes, Enchantress Boutique, C Moore Glass, Bodhi Waves, and Awakening in Paradise LLC.
Visit these fine Azeka Shopping Center Merchants:
The Maui Quilt Shop, AA Oceanfront Rentals, Ace Hardware, Bank of Hawaii, B&B Scuba, Beauty Spa Maui, Blue Water Rafting, Cheryl Ayabe, Optometrist, Endangered Pieces, Enterprise Rent A Car, ERA Pacific Properties, Fortune Chiropractic, Hawaiian Cruisers, Island Art Party, Jonathan Thomas, DDS, Kaiser Permanente, Kihei Community Association, Kihei Orthodontics, Kihei Wailea Flowers by Cora, Maui Classic Charters, Maui Powerhouse Gym, Marielis Jepson, Psychologist, Pay Day Hawaii, ProArts Inc, Radio Shack, Snorkel Bob’s, Starr West Salon, State Farm Agency, Territorial Savings Bank, Tesoro Gas Station/ Mini Mart, The Water Store, U.S. Post Office, White Pebbles and Zen Tattoo & Art Gallery.
Volunteers and Special Donations: Malama Maui Nui (formerly Community Work Day Program), Maui Crush Soccer, Maui High School Key Club, The Gym Maui and Sound by Superb Audio.
Special Thanks to: Azeka Shopping Center, Embellished Memories, Hawaiian Moons Natural Foods, Java Café, KONI 104.7 FM, Maui Police Department, Maui Weekly, Morey Inc., MW Group, Ltd., Penny Palmer Photography, Soul Kitchen and Tri-Isle RC&D, and Two Mermaids on Maui, LLC.
If it’s the fourth Friday of the month, there’s a party in Kīhei. Maui’s south shore comes alive at Azeka Shopping Center Mauka in Kīhei every Fourth Friday of the month. The newest location of Maui Friday Town Parties, Kīhei has come out swinging with a spectacular array of entertainment, great things to eat, and of course, the best shopping deals on Fourth Friday. What started out as a quiet town at night on the southern end of the island is now one of Hawaii’s busiest, most vibrant beach towns. If you love the water, Kīhei features nearly ten miles of pristine white beaches offering clear views of Kaho‘olawe, Molokini, Lana‘i and West Maui. Along with swimming and surfing you can also find great snorkeling and kayaking, and chances are good that you’ll spot a giant humpback whale spouting or breaching the ocean’s surface. For a perfect night on the town, join us in Kīhei on the fourth Friday of each month.