Friday, December 2nd:
6pm – 9pm
(street closure at 5:30pm)
Besides great food and crafts, WFF will include entertainment:
• A Christmas Parade Featuring Santa Claus & Baldwin High School Marching Band, Market Street, 6:15pm
• Live Music with Kaina Kountry featuring a Special Baldwin High School Band Opening Performance on the Maui Thing Stage, 6:30 – 9pm
• Live Music by Tarvin Makia in the Beer Garden featuring Special Winter & Holiday Beers, 6 – 9:30pm
• Live Music under the Banyan Tree with Kalama Intermediate School Ukulele Ensemble from 6 – 6:30pm & Benny Uyetake from 6:30 – 9pm
Other WFF highlights on Market Street include:
• Lei Kalikimaka – A Benefit Fundraiser Selling Handcrafted Christmas Wreaths, 6 – 9pm
• Art Show Opening Featuring Sal Godinez at Wailuku Coffee Company, 6 – 9pm
• Pono Store Open on Main Street for the Holiday Season
• Wells Park Mobile Community Visioning Booth – Share Your Ideas and Memories, Iao Square, 6 – 9pm
• A Hui Hou Print and Merchandise Sales – 100% of Proceeds will Benefit Displaced HC&S Workers
• Holiday Photo Booth with Maui High School
• Light Up Wailuku Contest Winners Announced, Maui Thing Stage, 8pm
• View First Friday live on www.wailukucam.com with host Harry Eager -courtesy of Kama‘aina Loan & Cash for Gold, 98 N. Market Street
Vendors, merchants and entertainers are reminded that Market Street closes at 5:30 p.m. For the safety of all participants, everyone’s kokua is appreciated. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed. Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9 p.m.; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9 p.m.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at 281-2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaii Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, Kama‘aina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Hawaii Carpenters Union-Maui, Meadow Gold, HMSA, and Connec, LLC.
For more information on Wailuku First Friday, email email@example.com or call 808.270.7710.
Become a fan on Facebook at “Wailuku First Friday” to keep up with what’s happening!