Friday, December 1st:
6pm – 9pm
This free family event will be held from 6-9pm on historic Market Street.
WFF will include live music and entertainment:
· Market Street: Christmas Parade featuring Maui’s Classic Cars and Iao School Band
· Maui Thing Stage: Da Maui Sleigh & Santa Claus Bring Snow to Uptown, and Kathy “Tita” Collins Reading of “The Night Before Christmas”
· Wailuku Banyan Tree Park: Nevah Too Late
· Kipuka Square (6:30pm): Keiki Can Fashion Show and Toy Drive to benefit Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Center
Other WFF highlights on Market Street include:
· 808 Designs: Imua Basketball Club Fundraiser
· Native Intelligence: 13th Annual Lei Kalikimaka supporting Halau Na Hanona Kulike’o Pi’ilani
· 2050 Main Street: Tree Lighting Celebration
· Art on Market: “Bucks for Ducks” Benefitting Make-A-Wish Hawaii
· Iao Theater (7:30pm): Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
And of course, great food booths and trucks, crafts and other treats!
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party, held from 6-9pm, with Market Street closed to vehicle traffic from 5:30pm. Vendors, merchants and entertainers are reminded that Market Street closes at 5:30pm. For the safety of all participants, everyone’s kokua is appreciated. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed. Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9pm; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9pm.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at 808.281.2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaii Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, Kama‘aina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Young Brothers, Hawaii Carpenters Union-Maui, Meadow Gold, HMSA and Connec, LLC.