Friday, October 20th:
“Makawao Sleepy Hollow”
6pm – 9pm
We celebrate with a October Halloween theme “Makawao Sleepy Hollow” featuring a Keiki Costume Parade, Pumpkin Carving Contest, and the “Eerie Komoda Corral.”
This is a rain or shine FREE community event. Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street. Visitors joining our M3F block party can enjoy an amazing array of free entertainment, pop up food vendors, Halloween Spooktacular interactive activities, plenty of great local shopping and restaurants, with fun activities for the whole family.
A KEIKI COSTUME PARADE kicks off the party at 6pm starting from Droplets (be there by 5:30pm) on Makawao Avenue, in the Maui Hands lot, across from Casanova’s. The parade will be enjoyed by party goers down Baldwin Avenue to Makawao Steakhouse and back up the road to end 6:30pm at “The Eerie Komoda Corral”.
KOMODA BAKERY KEIKI ZONE: Not just for kids! Presenting the “Eerie Komoda Corral”, brought to you by Hailey Reeve in collaboration with Jeremy Safron and Myths of Avalon. The “Eerie Komoda Corral” will feature interactive games, magic, puppets, and more with spooky and mystical creatures beyond your imagination! Joined by Crystalline with her fantastic balloon twisting creations, Shelley Tiss and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting. Special thanks to the Myths of Avalon and Treehouse Art Collective.
LIVE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT:
● MMA is excited to welcome Dr. Nat and Rio Ritmo to our main stage, next to Rodeo General Store. Dr. Nat and Rio Ritmo have been on Maui for 20 years playing a spicy salsa of Tropical Latin Dance Music…always fun to move and groove with.
● Top of Makawao Avenue will be the ethereal moves of the Maui Aerial Arts Troupe defying gravity with mesmerizing performances full of strength and grace — featuring aerial silks, aerial rope, and dance trapeze.
● Acoustic guitarist and favorite, Josh, in the Maui Hands lot on Makawao Avenue.
● In front of the main stage 7:15pm – Gentleman of Fortune, Travis French, presenting a choreographed Modern dance fire piece with mermaids, drama and fire. Dancing.
● Singer-songwriter Naomi T is taking the islands by storm! Enjoy her powerhouse vocals, smooth R&B and Neo-Soul acoustic originals in the Sip Me courtyard across from Makawao Steak House.
NEW FOR YOU:
● Maui Hands artist in residence, Steve Rinaldi, 16-year Maui Resident and Designer/Drafter. His Painterly style is representational and locally inspired. Stop in and marvel at his prolific, “Alla Prima” driven style. From 5pm – 8pm on M3F.
● Come & visit our new MMA & M3F information booth in front of Sherri Reeves Gallery. It’s a place where friendly volunteers can answer visitor’s questions, lost & found, and our new awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes will be available for sale.
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE:
● Maui Classic Cruisers Club- Will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians.
● Makawao History Museum- Streaming their historical video.
● Sip Me- Offering bistro seating and “Affogato-bout it”, a tasty moist brownie topped with Gelato from Ono Gelato, and an espresso shot, keepin’ it real with entertainment by Naomi T in the courtyard.
● Makawao Steak House- Pop-up tent will be serving some of their delicious food.
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS: Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3F party and adding a variety of great eats and treats.
Visit Maui’s Upcountry Makawao — Dance, eat, play with the keiki, meet old friends, make new friends, create great memories, and have a fabulous time!!
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS: A big Mahalo to our official event sponsor, HMSA and to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui. MMA is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support our M3F community event.
If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please contact us at www.makawaomerchants.org.
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
● Dr. Nat & Rio Ritmo
● Travis French, fire dance (Tales of the Flame)
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT (located across Casanova’s)
● Keiki Costume Parade 5:30
● Artist in Residence, Steve Rinaldi
● Acoustic guitarist, Josh
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
● Maui Aerial Arts Troupe
KOMODA KEIKI ZONE PARKING LOT
● “Eerie Komoda Corral”
BALDWIN AVENUE / BREWER ROAD
● Maui Classic Cruisers Club
SHERRI REEVES GALLERY
● MMA & M3F Information Booth
● Bistro seating
● Naomi T, singer songwriter
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
● Makawao Base Yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
● 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
● Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue
PAID PARKING AT MAKAWAO HONGWANJI ~~ NOT AVAILABLE THIS MONTH