Friday, March 11th:
Art Night in Lahaina!
5:30pm – 8pm
Come to the West side to Lahaina’s Second Friday Town Party. Stroll Front Street and take in our Restaurants, Galleries and Merchants. Friday night in Lahaina is always Art night, so be sure to check out the beautiful art as you take in the stunning Maui sunset.
Campbell Park through Front Street
— Live music and hula with Maui Jam from 5 – 7:30pm. Located on Front Street across from the Pioneer Inn. Check out their music here!
— NA LIO will have an informational booth in Campbell Park. NA LIO is located in the beautiful hills of Lahaina. This new theatrical performance, with live horses, brings together the art of horse riding, the Hawaiian cowboy and the Hawaiian tradition of storytelling as it travels back in time. Come see them between 5pm and 8pm for a photo op with their two mini horses Julio and Freedom.
— Maui Apothecary will be in Campbell park doing demonstrations on distilling essential oils and selling their line of natural products.
— Daisy Girls will be selling Girl Scout cookies!
LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Leilani’s and Betty’s beach Cafe work together to sponsor several west side keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fundraise and the event supports our community. Campbell Park has local ono grinds from 5:30 to 8 p.m. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause. Nonprofit groups rotate but include:
- Waiola Church
- Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club
- Na Ki`a i O Waine`e
- Hawaiian Civic Club
Special Thanks to Sponsors: Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Kimos, Captain Jack’s Island Grill, Cool Cat Café, and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
For more information, please call Lahaina Visitor Center at 667-9193
FRIDAY NIGHT IS ART NIGHT IN LAHAINA
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupu and wine from 6-9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
The Pioneer Inn presents “An Evening with Albert Einstein” starring Rick Scheideman
The performance is held in the courtyard at 6:30pm.
Maui Masters participating Lahaina galleries: Kush Fine Art, Kingwell Island Art, Gallery, Fleetwoods Gallery, Maui Metal Art and Old Jail Gallery.
Down The Hatch will be featuring “Sea Turtles by Alexa”, local artist Alexa Caskey, for Lahaina’s 2nd Friday! Join us for an evening of art & “Fresh Squeezed” cocktails from 6-9p, prepared by house craftsmen Rio & Bree. Followed by the “Official Art Walk After Party”! Caskey will have a print for silent auction, benefiting the Lahaina Art Association, Art Education Program.
Lahaina Art Galleries
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing by Sean Price. Special deals, fabulous seconds and clearance sale, serving wine.
- Galeries Thomas Barbey–Featured artist 7-10pm. Wine and Music by local musicians.
- Peter Lik Gallery: Special promotions on art.
- Maui Hands Gallery: Featured artist Luana Kama 4:30 to 7:30pm. Light refreshments also served.
- Lahaina Galleries: Serving wine from 5-10 p.m. Featured Artist Dario Campanile
- The Village Galleries: Featuring Artist Macario Pascual. Refreshments will be served
- Images Fine Art Gallery:Complimentary wine and live music
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items
- Sargent’s Fine Art: Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery, featured artist Jack Nordby. Serving Wine.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: 6:30 to 10pm Fine Art Auction. Serving Wine and Pupu’s. Live Music.
- Kingwell Island Art: Jim Kingwell will be do an art demo. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work. Refreshments will be served.
- Contemporary Masters: Live entertainment
- Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and Pupu’s
- Vintage Posters: Wine and Pupu’s
- Diamond Head: Serving wine
- Joelle: Joelle will be painting at the gallery. Wine and pupu’s will be served
- Higgins Harte Gallery International: Wine and pupu’s
- Kimo’s: Live music with Willie K. 9-11pm $5.00 cover charge. Stop in at Lahaina Visitor Center for a Kimo’s Hula Pie coupon for free entry.
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment 6-9pm
- Longhi’s: Live music overlooking the water, 7-10 p.m.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Live music
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage with Uncle Lui Williams
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music Happy Hour 2-5PM Johnny Ringo
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo 7:00-10:30pm
MERCHANT, RESTAURANTS & FOODIE SPECIALS
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kama`aina discount.
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Hard Rock Café: 15% kama`aina discount
- Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
- Sugar Cane: Happy hour 2:30-5:30. Pupu’s and drink specials with an ocean view
- Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu.
- Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5-9pm on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes.
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 pm, $5.00 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
The Wharf Cinema Center
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second entree.
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Maui Island Coffee: $2. Off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
- Pad Thai: 15% Off Food Only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% Off Food only
The Wharf Shops Town Party Specials
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% Off Kama’aina Discount
- Crazy Shirts: Screen Printing Demo with a Complimentary screen print with purchase
- Hangloose Hammocks: $5 Off any Hammock
- Hibiscus Boutique: 20% Off Regular Priced Jewelry
- JC Chism: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% Off Regular Priced Items
- Lana’s Boutique: 10% – 50% Off Sterling Silver & Handmade Jewelry
- L’Infini: 20% Off Jewelry; 10% Off Gift Items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free Gift with Purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery: 10% – 20% Discount on Select Items
- T-Shirt Factory: Buy 4 Shirts and Get 5th One Free
- Three D Gallery: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
The Outlets of Maui
The Outlets of Maui is pleased to present monthly keiki hula shows every 2nd and 4th Fridays, 5pm-5:45pm. All are invited to come and enjoy this wonderful performance by the children of Na Pua O Kapi`olani. Renowned as the longest running weekly keiki hula show in the State, Na Pua O Kapi`olani performs traditional hula, Tahitian and a variety of dances from other Polynesian islands. Accompanied by a live band and led by Kumu Hula Kathy Ralar, the keiki performers sing, dance, chant and storytell their way into our hearts with the memorable stories and songs of Polynesia.
Baldwin Home Museum Tour
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6-8:30pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free.
For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
Lahaina Second Friday Information
Showcasing the unique nature of our historic towns, Maui Friday Town Parties bring the community together for a pau hana night of outdoor music, art, food and Maui culture. There is a town party every Friday of the month: Wailuku First Friday, Lahaina Second Friday, Makawao Third Friday and Kihei Fourth Friday.
Residents are encouraged to kick back and enjoy the fun for free.
Check www.mauifridays.com for latest event listings.
For more information, please call Lahaina Visitor Center at 667-9193