Friday, May 13th:
5:30pm – 8pm
Come to the West side to Lahaina’s Second Friday Town Party. Stroll Front Street and take in our Restaurants, Galleries and Merchants. Friday night in Lahaina is always Art night, so be sure to check out the beautiful art as you take in the stunning Maui sunset.
Campbell Park through Front Street
MELE MEI- A celebration of Hawai`i`s music, hula and culture May 13-15, 2016
Join us in Lahaina as we highlight Hawaiian music with the Hawaii Academy of Recording Arts. We’re kicking off our festivities at 2nd Friday- the Lahaina Town Party 5:00pm – 8:30pm in Campbell Park. Maui Jam will play from 5 to 7pm. Nathan Aweau will be performing from 7-8:30pm. It is located on Front Street across from the Pioneer Inn. The three day event continues under the Lahaina Banyan Tree Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm. Come join us for Mele Mei 2016
NA LIO will have an informational booth in Campbell Park. NA LIO is located in the beautiful hills of Lahaina. This new theatrical performance, with live horses, brings together the art of horse riding, the Hawaiian cowboy and the Hawaiian tradition of storytelling as it travels back in time. Come see them between 5pm and 8pm for a photo op with their two mini horses Julio and Freedom.
Malama I Ke Ola will be in Campbell Park Celebrating the re-opening of their Lahaina Clinic and giving out information on their community health clinic and programs.
Maui Search and Rescue will be giving out information about their free volunteer based services and their service animals.
The Pioneer Inn presents “An Evening with Mark Twain & Albert Einstein” starring Rick Scheideman. The performance is held in the courtyard at 6:30pm
LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Leilani’s and Betty’s beach Cafe work together to sponsor several west side keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fundraise and the event supports our community. Campbell Park has local ono grinds from 5:30 to 8 p.m. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause. Nonprofit groups rotate but include:
- Waiola Church
- Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club
- Na Ki`a i O Waine`e
- Hawaiian Civic Club
Also in the park Prison Street Pizza, Maui Surf Dogs & Aloha Malasadas.
Special Thanks to Sponsors: Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Captain Jack’s Island Grill, Cool Cat Café, and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
For more information, please call Lahaina Visitor Center at 667-9193
FRIDAY NIGHT IS ART NIGHT IN LAHAINA
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupu and wine from 6-9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
Down The Hatch will feature local artist Daniel Braddux for Lahaina’s 2nd Friday, starting at 5pm! Join us for an evening of Art & “Fresh Squeezed” cocktails, prepared by house craftsmen Rio & Bree. Followed by the “Official Art Walk After Party”! Braddux will have one of his pieces for silent auction, benefiting the Lahaina Art Association, Art Education Program. Supporting local all around, join us at DTH-Maui!
Lahaina Art Galleries
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing by Sean Price. Special deals.
- Peter Lik Gallery: Special promotions on art.
- Maui Hands Gallery: Featured artist Ipo Kudlich 4:30 to 7:30pm. Light refreshments also served.
- The Village Galleries: Art Showing featuring Cathleen Alexander & Virginia Pierce. Refreshments will be served
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items
- Sargent’s Fine Art: Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery. Serving Wine.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: Serving Wine and Pupu’s.
- Kingwell Island Art: Jim Kingwell will be do an art demo. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work. Refreshments will be served.
- Contemporary Masters: Wine and Pupu’s will be served.
- Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and Pupu’s
- Vintage Posters: Wine and Pupu’s and Poster Presentations.
- Diamond Head: Serving wine.
- Higgins Harte Gallery International: Will Mapes will be painting in the gallery, Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- DeRubies Fine Art of Metal: Serving wine & deserts.
- Gallery Rafael: Rafael painting at gallery
- Gallery 505: Local Artist Dabo will be in the gallery.
- Christopher Egan Gallery: Live Music with Kiran Clark. Free gift with purchase, Serving wine.
- Wyland Gallery: Walfrido Garcia painting in studio.
- Kimo’s: Live music—No cover charge.
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment 6-9pm
- Longhi’s: Live music overlooking the water, 7-10 p.m.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Live music
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage with Uncle Lui Williams
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music Happy Hour 2-5PM Johnny Ringo
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo 7:00-10:30pm
MERCHANT, RESTAURANTS & FOODIE SPECIALS
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kama`aina discount.
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Hard Rock Café: 15% kama`aina discount
- Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
- Sugar Cane: Happy hour 2:30-5:30. Pupu’s and drink specials with an ocean view
- Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu.
- Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5-9pm on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes.
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 pm, $5.00 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
The Wharf Cinema Center
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second entree.
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Maui Island Coffee: $2. Off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
- Pad Thai: 15% Off Food Only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% Off Food only.
- Down The Hatch: “Fresh Squeezed Fridays”, featuring Handcrafted Cocktails by house craftsmen Rio & Bree 8-10pm. Followed by the “Official Art Walk After Party”! Happy hour 3-7pm.
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% Off Kama’aina Discount
- Crazy Shirts: Screen Printing Demo with a Complimentary screen print with purchase
- Hangloose Hammocks: $5 Off any Hammock
- Hibiscus Boutique: 20% Off Regular Priced Jewelry
- JC Chism: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% Off Regular Priced Items
- Lana’s Boutique: 10% – 50% Off Sterling Silver & Handmade Jewelry
- L’Infini: 20% Off Jewelry; 10% Off Gift Items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free Gift with Purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery: 10% – 20% Discount on Select Items
- T-Shirt Factory: Buy 4 Shirts and Get 5th One Free
- Three D Gallery: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
The Outlets of Maui
The Outlets of Maui is pleased to present monthly keiki hula shows every 2nd and 4th Fridays, 5pm-5:45pm. All are invited to come and enjoy this wonderful performance by the children of Na Pua O Kapi`olani. Renowned as the longest running weekly keiki hula show in the State, Na Pua O Kapi`olani performs traditional hula, Tahitian and a variety of dances from other Polynesian islands. Accompanied by a live band and led by Kumu Hula Kathy Ralar, the keiki performers sing, dance, chant and storytell their way into our hearts with the memorable stories and songs of Polynesia.
Baldwin Home Museum Tour
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6-8:30pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free.
For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
Lahaina Second Friday Information
Showcasing the unique nature of our historic towns, Maui Friday Town Parties bring the community together for a pau hana night of outdoor music, art, food and Maui culture. There is a town party every Friday of the month: Wailuku First Friday, Lahaina Second Friday, Makawao Third Friday and Kihei Fourth Friday.
Residents are encouraged to kick back and enjoy the fun for free.
Check www.mauifridays.com for latest event listings.
For more information, please call Lahaina Visitor Center at 667-9193